Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A little behind

Ah yes, running a bit behind on posting.

So to recap:
-Friday, Pdawg running a gnarly fever all day, ended up taking the day off of work. Ya gotta love having 5 weeks of vacation. If my company wants to give me a few more days of vacation next year in lieu of a raise, I'm not sure that I would be too disappointed. (It's not on the table, just a random thought.) I've been taking 1/2 days on Friday for July & August, and I love it. But alas, I didn't do any exercise beyond the leisurely stroll with the dogs. Friday afternoon we got bad news on two fronts. Not our best day, and I didn't get any workouts in.

-Saturday, early run. I woke up at 7:30 AM, and dragged Fred and Ginger for a run. They were NOT stoked. Ginger is fine, but Fred is not understanding this running thing. Especially in the summer when it's above 60 degrees (which seems to be the magic number for an older, furry guy.) This will be the last street run with Freddy until the temp is sub 60. Then we'll see if it gets any better.
Total: 1.1 miles, run 0.5 miles until I got tired of dragging Fred.

-Sunday, afternoon run with my husband. Well by "with" I mean that one of us wrangled Porter and a dog while the other runs on the little trail with the other dog. Fred REALLY hates this. Not only are we running when it's fairly warm (80 ish), but now we're splitting up the pack, which is completely antithetical to being a German Shepherd. But at least I did the full lap without walking. And at the end of the lap, Porter ran out to meet me, which is just awesome, albeit a little limiting.
Total: 0.7 miles Running: 0.7 miles

-Monday, good news! The cast that Chris was expecting to wear for 2-3 months, should be coming off by the beginning of September. That's a much needed morale boost. Alas, that didn't include any exercise, just a happy heart.

-Tuesday, circuit training. Also known as the curse of the devil. It is a series of stations for upper body, lower body, core, and cardio. Lots of leaping, including a leap like a frog station. My son would have been so proud. And I walked out and thought "this is really going to suck." By the time I got home, and Pdawg had finished throwing the queen mother of fits because I offered him markers (oh will my cruelty never end?), I was cooked. The little man was still feeling under the weather and his mood was only marginally improved after the tantrum, so we just went together and cheered Chris on as he ran. And there were construction vehicles at the trail head. And gravel! So we muddled along not so badly. Chris extended his run, with a break to curse at the dogs as they dragged their little paws, and to re-work the leash system. But a good solid workout for him, and a chance to feel endorphins again for the first time in a couple of weeks.

-Wednesday, nada so far. Oh sure, I said that I was going to run this AM since I passed on running last night. But I got up this morning and every muscle in my body screamed for mercy. I even put on my running duds, and was somewhat convinced that I was going to run. Right up until my usual starting point, when I woke up enough to greet reality. The dogs were also lagging, so we ambulated a longer block, but at a very slow, stately pace. Stately is such a good word, don't you think? Sounds much more respectable than saying I crawled around the block whimpering pathetically. So maybe there will be a later update promoting the awesome run, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Tomorrow will be pilates, and then another run with Chris (although we'll have a babysitter, so no dog dragging or toddler wrangling). So I'm looking forward to that. Sort of. In a masochistic kind of way.

-This morning

1 comment:

  1. When I first read the post title, I thought - that's what I want! "a littl(er) behind." An aspiration even Mrs. Incredible clearly aspired to when she saw her more generous hind section reflected on the walls in Syndrome's place.

    Anyway - sorry about the fever, but glad you could stay home without worry about burning up precious time off from work. It's so great to have enough time on the books for these things.

    and at least you got out there somewhat! leap leap, ribit ribit

    ReplyDelete