Friday, August 6, 2010

Little wins

Yesterday was a combination of minor wins on the fit/fat front. The scale showed 4lbs down. That would be a major victory, but I'm not yet convinced that it's "real" weight loss. We'll see what turns up on the scale next week.

Anyway, I went into work yesterday mumbling about how much in pain I was. And dreading Pilates. But oddly enough after Pilates, I actually felt a lot better. I guess I just needed to stretch out a bit. Next week is an off week in the classes at work, and then the following week will be the frighteningly named "Butts and Guts".

Last night we went out for a run without Porter or the dogs. As I told Chris, it feels a lot different running without dragging a dog away from the rest of the pack. It was also cooler last night. And correspondingly, I actually was able to push a TEENSY bit further. It's not time to sign up for any marathon's yet, but it's the first time that I felt the urge to push even another second. So yeah for positive days.

Mileage: Total: 0.8 miles, Run: 0.8 miles.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! on the weight loss. it would make sense given your increasing activity. Glad pilates helped stretch you out. I walked a mile the day after B2B and my legs felt much better after.

    cool that you increased the amount of miles you normally cover this week, even if the running distance dropped back slightly. great progress! 3 weeks in a row!

    ReplyDelete